Erskine College - Master's Degree
Established in 1839 by the Associate Reformed Synod of the South as an academy for men, the college became the first four-year, church-related college in South Carolina. It was named for Ebenezer Erskine, one of the founders of one of the antecedent bodies of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church and a pastor. Erskine began to admit women in 1894 and officially became coeducational in 1899. Some of the notable Erskine alumni include Beth Couture, Brian Haynes, and Charles Haldeman.