In 1887, young Baptist Minister James Archibald Campbell opened the doors to a small school named Buies Creek Academy. It was the first school in this rural area of Harnett County, North Carolina. The school quickly grew in size and popularity, going from 16 students on its first day, to 92 by the end of its first term. Buies Creek Academy went on to become Campbell Junior College in 1926, Campbell College in 1961, and finally Campbell University in 1979. Today, Campbell University has five campuses spread across North Carolina, and remains true to its Baptist heritage, maintaining and encouraging their Christian beliefs, while continuing to make academic strides.
There are approximately 6,000 students enrolled at Campbell University. Over 35 countries are currently represented among the student body. The International Student Services (ISS) arrange events and services throughout the academic year dedicated to ensuring that each international student grows familiar and comfortable with their new surroundings. In total, there are over 100 student organisations and clubs (such as the Public Affairs Club, and the Common Ground club), in addition to sports programs, and student media outlets.
- Minimum incoming TOEFL iBT 61