Allan Hancock College
Due to rising enrollment numbers in 1954, the college was moved to the former site of Allan Hancock Field. Named after G. Allan Hancock, Santa Maria’s Hancock College of Aeronautics was the primary training center for fighter pilots during World War II. Soon after it was moved the name was changed to Allan Hancock College in honor of George Allan Hancock. In 1958 another bond was passed that allowed the college to buy the site they were on, and start a building program.