Masters in HumanitiesCreate Account
Master's in Humanities
Students typically pursue Master’s degrees after completing their Bachelor’s. A Master’s program prepares students for professional situations with advanced training in a given subject. These programs usually take one to two years of study for full time students depending on the requirements of the chosen program.
What Is a Master’s in Humanities?
Master’s programs in humanities cover the broad strokes of the field. However, many programs offer students the chance to specialise in a more specific field like digital humanities, advertising, education and research-based studies. Curricula for these programs will vary greatly, but students can expect to see courses covering the following:
- Media Formats: What are the accepted mediums in various humanities niches? Students may look at print, newspapers, magazines, photography, graphic design, written works and inventive media formats.
- Humanities in Society: How does the humanities field interact with society as a whole? What drives the development of the humanities field in society? Students explore the answers to these questions in their coursework.
- Culture and Subculture: Students study cultural trends as well as the unique traits of subcultural groups. The context of these studies will depend on the students’ program and specialisation.
- Digital Humanities: In this course, students study the effects and importance of data in modern society. They may learn some coding to help them better understand digital formats.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Humanities?
With a Master’s degree, graduates have a credential to support their claims of professional skills. They have the opportunity to pursue internships and hone their skills in a supportive learning environment. Graduates can expect higher starting and career salaries compared to a secondary or undergraduate education. As students enter the work force, they can call upon their educational networks to find job contacts. Plus, if students wish to pursue Doctorate programs, they will have the proper training and credentials.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Humanities?
After completing their Master’s in Humanities, students are prepared to enter the job market in a broad range of positions. The humanities path gives students a set of skills that apply to a broad range of positions, so graduates can be found in a variety of positions. Many recent graduates find entry-level employment in these fields:
- Marketing and Advertising: Professionals in this field may design ad campaigns, advise clients on campaign strategies or help write the ad content. Graduates may also serve to manage accounts.
- Education: Graduates frequently acquire teaching certifications to help them find employment in secondary schools and advanced learning programs.
- Media and Journalism: Degree holders may find work in news stations, magazines and newspapers in a reporting capacity. They may also work as analysts and consultants.
- Arts: Many humanities degree holders will become performers, art museum curators, art foundation managers and many other positions in the art realm.
Are you ready to pursue a vibrant career in the humanities field? Jump-start your career with Master degree programs in Humanities. Hone your professional skill sets and boost your credentials. Find a program that really match your interests and career goals.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
- 108SchoolApply Rank
- USD 18,271Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of Gloucestershire (Gloucestershire) has multiple campuses across Gloucestershire and Cheltenham, United Kingdom. Students at Gloucestershire are offered a wide range of master’s degree programs through its 8 academic schools, including: School of Art and Design; School of Liberal and Performing Arts; School of Natural and Social Sciences; and the School of Media....
Salt Lake City, United States
- 185SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,296Average Tuition
- 81.7%Acceptance Rate
University of Utah (the U) is a research-focused university located in Utah, United States, with it’s Asia campus located in South Korea. The U offers a wide range of master’s degree programs across nearly a 100 academic departments. These departments include Architecture, Biochemistry, Computing, Environmental Engineering, and Philosophy....
Dundee, United Kingdom
- 189SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,810Average Tuition
- 80%Acceptance Rate
The University of Dundee (DU) is a public research university located in the city of Dundee, Scotland. The University has dedicated faculties through which it delivers master's degree programs to both local and international students ...
Tallahassee, United States
- 217SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,043Average Tuition
- 55%Acceptance Rate
Florida State University, established in 1851, is a research-intensive University located on the oldest continuous site of higher education in the state of Florida in its capital city of Tallahassee, USA. The University offers a number of master's degree programs from its various Colleges including Fine Arts, Business, Engineering and Arts & Sciences....
Stirling, United Kingdom
- 255SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,099Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of Stirling is located just two miles from the centre of the city of Stirling in Scotland. The University of Stirling offers its undergraduate students the chance to select from almost 200-degree combinations. The university has a Graduate School which serves as a hub for its postgraduate community. In addition, the university has five faculties of Arts and Humanities; Natural Sciences; Social Sciences; Health Sciences and Sport; and the Stirling Management School....
Richardson, United States
- 256SchoolApply Rank
- USD 11,806Average Tuition
- 61.9%Acceptance Rate
The Carnegie Foundation classifies UT Dallas as a "comprehensive doctoral research university" and a "high research activity institution." Research projects include the areas of Space Science, Bioengineering, Cybersecurity, Nanotechnology, Behavioral and Brain Sciences....
Irving, United States
- 269SchoolApply Rank
- USD 33,800Average Tuition
- 80%Acceptance Rate
The University of Dallas (UD) is a private Catholic university located in Irving, Texas, U.S.A. The school offers master’s programs in a wide range of subject areas through its dedicated faculties....
Garden City, United States
- 277SchoolApply Rank
- USD 34,034Average Tuition
- 72.4%Acceptance Rate
Adelphi University is a private, coeducational institution of higher learning located in Garden City, New York, United States and has a dedicated faculty through which it offers a wide range of master's degree programs. ...
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 472SchoolApply Rank
- USD 18,511Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Ulster University (Ulster) is a public university with campuses located across Northern Ireland, UK. Ulster offers a wide range of master's degree programs through its four academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Computing, Engineering and the Built Environment; Life and Health Sciences; and the Ulster University Business School (UUBS)....
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- 474SchoolApply Rank
- USD 19,022Average Tuition
- 37%Acceptance Rate
The University of Portsmouth (UOP) is located in Hampshire, United Kingdom. UOP offers over 100 master’s degree programs through its 5 academic faculties, namely: Faculty of Business and Law; Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries; Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; Faculty of Technology; and the Faculty of Science....