Masters in FrenchCreate Account
Master's in French
A Master’s program is a graduate course of study in a specialized topic. Typically, students have previous experience in their Master’s subject and seek to deepen their professional skills sets in the area. The length of a master's program varies between countries, institutions and programs of study, but they usually last between one and two years.
What Is a Master’s in French?
To gain entry into a Master’s program in French, students must demonstrate a certain mastery of the language and may benefit from studies related to French culture. Through the program, students develop their conversational proficiency and may have the opportunity to travel abroad. Common coursework includes:
- Advanced Grammar: Students begin to learn the advanced nuances of the French language. Coursework may delve into particularities of various accents and dialects in the French-speaking world.
- Professional Conversation: This course gives students the chance to speak French in professional capacities. For instance, students may talk about law, politics and advanced topics to gain vocabularies and conversational ability.
- Cultures and Societies of the French Speaking World: In this class, students learn about the cultural connections between various French speaking countries as well as cultural particulars.
- Teaching Methodology: For those students intending to pursue a career in education, this class gives students the tools needed to break down the French learning process for others.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in French?
The Master’s program helps students gain mastery in the French language and topics related to the French-speaking world, but what other advantages do students gain?
- Increased Salary: A Master’s degree signifies a high level of French language proficiency and frequently results in higher starting salaries. Additionally, higher career salaries are also common.
- Prepare for Doctorate Programs: A Master’s degree can be one step on the road to a Doctorate in French or French related studies. In fact, most Doctorate programs prefer candidates with Master’s degrees.
- Build Professional Network: Finding the right position in the job market is made easier when you have a series of professional contacts. Professors, classmates, internship mentors and tutors are all the beginnings of a professional network.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in French?
With a Master’s in French, many graduates choose to either pursue a Doctorate degree or enter directly into the field with job titles such as:
- Interpreter: This professional works actively in the field and serves to translate on the spot for clients. In this capacity, many professionals enjoy freelance work or choose to work with an agency.
- Translator: These professionals focus on translating already written works or recorded videos. Translators will usually translate French into their native language either on a freelance basis or for a company.
- Teacher/Professor: Many graduates will move on to become educators. They may teach at advanced secondary schools or highly regarded teaching posts.
Are you considering Master degree programs in French? If you’re excited about the prospects of learning about French in depth, start looking for programs that match your interests and career goals. Begin improving your career and skills today!
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 169SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,953Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Queen's University Belfast (Queen's) is a public institution located along the University Road in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK. Queen's offers a wide range of master's degree programs across its three academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering and Physical Sciences; and Medicine, Health and Life Sciences....
Tallahassee, United States
- 217SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,043Average Tuition
- 55%Acceptance Rate
Florida State University, established in 1851, is a research-intensive University located on the oldest continuous site of higher education in the state of Florida in its capital city of Tallahassee, USA. The University offers a number of master's degree programs from its various Colleges including Fine Arts, Business, Engineering and Arts & Sciences....
Chicago, United States
- 220SchoolApply Rank
- USD 52,402Average Tuition
- 70%Acceptance Rate
DePaul University is a private Catholic University located in Chicago, Illinois, US. DePaul University offers master's degre programmes in fields including Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Social Sciences and more. DePaul University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant master's degree programmes. ...
Lawrence, United States
- 241SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,700Average Tuition
- 93%Acceptance Rate
The University of Kansas (KU) is a state-sponsored, public research institution located in Kansas, United States. KU is spread across five campuses and through its 14 colleges, the university offers a wide range of master's degree courses....
Tampa, United States
- 263SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,900Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of South Florida (USF) is a public research institution located in the city of Tampa, Florida, United States. The university has three campuses through which it delivers master’s degree courses in the fields of health professions and related programs, business, management, marketing, and related support services, biological and biomedical sciences, social sciences, psychology, architecture, liberal arts, education and visual and performing arts....
- 280SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,513Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Dalhousie University, located in Nova Scotia, Canada and established in 1818, is a diverse research University and the only Atlantic Canadian member of the U15, an association of reputed research-intensive universities in Canada. The University offers a number of master's degree programs in disciplines such as Business Administration, Agriculture, Economics, Neuroscience and Sociology....
Ypsilanti, United States
- 309SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,000Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a learning and research institute in Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA. Students can choose from over 150 master’s degree programs at EMU. ...
Columbia, United States
- 343SchoolApply Rank
- USD 11,158Average Tuition
- 65.2%Acceptance Rate
University of South Carolina (USC) is an American Public University founded in 1801. The university’s primary campus is located in Columbia, South Carolina, and it has dedicated faculties through which it offers master’s degree courses....
Albuquerque, United States
- 379SchoolApply Rank
- USD 36,898Average Tuition
- 45%Acceptance Rate
University of New Mexico (UNM) is an American Public University founded in 1889 and located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Through its dedicated faculties, UNM offers master’s degree courses in a wide range of disciplines....
- 383SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,312Average Tuition
- 13%Acceptance Rate
University College Cork, established in 1849, is a research-led University located in Cork, Ireland. The University offers a number of master's degree programs in disciplines such as Law, Music, Occupational Health and Linguistics. ...