Masters in Gynaecology and ObstetricsCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Gynaecology and Obstetrics
A Master’s degree rests between a Bachelor’s and a Doctorate degree on the educational scale. The graduate level degree signifies the students completed one to two years of focused study in a given academic program. For most Master’s programs, students must complete a Bachelor’s degree in a compatible subject beforehand.
What Is a Master’s Program in Gynaecology and Obstetrics?
The Master’s in Gynaecology and Obstetrics is a bit different than other Master’s programs. It frequently is part of a Doctorate program or extended internship. In these cases, students are participating in a dual program. If this isn’t the case, students are usually seeking to use the Master’s to specialize their existing medical degree.
- General Gynaecology: Students will gain a firm grasp of the broad field of gynaecology. They may touch upon special subject, but further specialised knowledge is likely offered through elective courses.
- Foetal Medicine: Students grapple with the demands of treating foetuses safely and effectively. Coursework shows students dosage guides and will study how disease affects foetuses differently.
- Maternal Medicine: Coursework highlights the unique demands of treating mothers. Students learn how pregnancy affects medical dosage and treatment plans.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Gynaecology and Obstetrics?
Overall, students gain a deep knowledge of Gynaecology and Obstetrics that allows them to understand the human body on a new level. Beyond that, they enter the job market with these benefits:
- Expanded Job Pool: Graduates qualify for a greater range of medical positions with their new specialized knowledge in the field of Gynaecology and Obstetrics.
- Learning Support System: While tackling difficult medical topics, students have the support of professors, other students and mentors.
- Prepare for Doctorate Programs: Students have advanced medical knowledge that prepares them for further specialisation in the Gynaecology and Obstetrics field.
- Specialized Knowledge: Students can now work beyond the general medical practice thanks to their classroom study and field experience.
- Build Professional Network: When looking for jobs, students can call on professors, classmates and mentors to help them make connections.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Gynaecology and Obstetrics?
After completing this degree, students have several choices ahead of them. Since many Master’s degrees in this subject are part of a larger program, students often must complete the remainder of their studies. For some, this will mean the completion of a doctorate, while others finish internship/specialization training. Any student wishing to delve deeper into the Gynaecology and Obstetrics fields will likely move on to specialisation programs that highlight a niche within the field.
Otherwise, graduates may enter the medical field in these roles:
- Research: Graduates can perform research at academic institutions or medical centres and work towards finding new treatments.
- Education: Graduates can move into teaching positions at universities and secondary schools.
- Medical Practice: The majority of graduates will likely practice medicine in hospitals, private practices and clinics.
If you are looking to specialise in the area of medicine, then a Master's degree in Gynaecology and obstetrics is exactly what you need to get started.
Dublin 2, Ireland
- 118SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,252Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is located in Dublin, Ireland. Situated in the multicultural European Capital, TCD offers undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines that come under the faculties of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences. ...
Chester, United Kingdom
- 125SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,404Average Tuition
- 65%Acceptance Rate
The University of Chester is one of the oldest universities in the UK. Founded in 1839, it is a public university situated in Chester, England. The University has dedicated faculties, through which it delivers master’s degree programs to local and international students. ...
London, United Kingdom
- 493SchoolApply Rank
- USD 12,500Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Middlesex University is located in London, UK. The courses offered at a Bachelor\u2019s level are in areas that include Art and Design, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Film, Media and English, Computer Science, Engineering and Maths. One of the focuses in the area of Art and Design is Animation, with many facilities that include a recording studio and communication arts studios.Middlesex University is located in London, UK. The courses offered at a Bachelor’s level are in areas that include Art and Design, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Film, Media and English, Computer Science, Engineering and Maths. One of the focuses in the area of Art and Design is Animation, with many facilities that include a recording studio and communication arts studios....