Masters in Graphic DesignCreate Account
Master Degree Programs in Graphic Design
A Master’s degree is a graduate level certification awarded to students who’ve completed one to two years of advanced study at an accredited university. Typically, students must have an undergraduate degree in a subject related to their Master’s degree. Most graduates pursue this level of education to improve professional prospects and improve their skill sets.
What Is a Master’s Program in Graphic Design?
A Master’s program in graphic design gives students a chance to deepen their graphic design skill sets while learning to manage larger scale projects. Most coursework will focus on students learning (or gaining greater proficiency with) professional technologies and techniques. Students usually have the chance to specialise according to their interests. Common coursework for these programs includes:
- Project Writing: What’s the best way to approach and plan a project? Students learn the answer to that question during these courses. This requirement may include several classes in this subject.
- Cross-Media Strategies: How do different media platforms and types work together? What are the best ways to integrate these different mediums? Students learn and practice cross media strategies to find out.
- Studio: Students will spend significant time in their studios working on their various projects and developing their techniques. It’s common for most semesters to include a studio educational element.
- Internship: To gain real world experience and position themselves well after graduation, students are encouraged to seek an internship in graphic design.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Graphic Design?
With a Master’s in Graphic Design, students are armed with an array of highly practical skills and a portfolio full of excellent examples of their capabilities. What are the other benefits?
- Increased Salary: With a Master’s degree and matching portfolio, many graduates can expect higher starting pay and career pay.
- Expand Job Pool: The project management component of their education ensures graduates qualify for a broader array of positions.
- Practical Knowledge: The degree program ensures students gain plenty of practice building and designing artwork.
- Professional Network: In artistic job niches, it always helps to know someone who is hiring. Degree programs help students establish professional networks for internships and employment.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Graphic Design?
After graduation, some will move on to internships or advanced degree programs related to graphic design. However, many will enter the job market in entry-level positions like:
- Graphic Designer: These professionals work in a range of industries to create artwork for magazines, websites, computer games, logos and much more. They can work as in-house talent, with a design agency or freelance.
- Illustrator: Illustrators frequently work in commercial settings to create drawings, photos or illustrations that depict anything from basic furniture directions to ad campaigns.
- Advertiser Art Director: These creatives frequently work to create digital marketing materials, cinema, posters, radio and press.
Does the prospect of pursuing Master degree programs in Graphic Design make you excited? That’s a sign that this is the right track for you. Get started searching for a program that prepares you for your ideal career path while catering to your interests.
Dublin 2, Ireland
- 118SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,283Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is located in Dublin, Ireland. Situated in the multicultural European Capital, TCD offers undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines that come under the faculties of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences. ...
Boston, United States
- 211SchoolApply Rank
- USD 52,644Average Tuition
- 84%Acceptance Rate
Suffolk University is a non-sectarian university located in downtown Boston, Massachusetts, United States. It was named after its location in Suffolk County, Massachusetts....
West Hartford, United States
- 390SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,200Average Tuition
- 81%Acceptance Rate
University of Hartford (UHart) is a private university in West Hartford, Connecticut, USA. Through its faculties, the university delivers master’s degree courses in the fields of business analytics, finance, international business, management, marketing, project management, and supply chain management....
Coventry, United Kingdom
- 471SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,707Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Coventry University (CU) is a British public institution of international repute with two campuses in the urban cities of Coventry and London, United Kingdom. The university delivers a wide range of postgraduate (master's degree) courses in arts, engineering, environment and computing, life sciences, business, and law....
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- 474SchoolApply Rank
- USD 19,022Average Tuition
- 37%Acceptance Rate
The University of Portsmouth (UOP) is located in Hampshire, United Kingdom. UOP offers over 100 master’s degree programs through its 5 academic faculties, namely: Faculty of Business and Law; Faculty of Creative and Cultural Industries; Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences; Faculty of Technology; and the Faculty of Science....
Miami, United States
- 484SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,600Average Tuition
- 50%Acceptance Rate
Florida International University (FIU) is Miami's first and only public research university. Located in South Florida, USA. FIU offers a wide range of master's degree programs....
London, United Kingdom
- 493SchoolApply Rank
- USD 12,500Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Middlesex University is located in London, UK. The courses offered at a Bachelor\u2019s level are in areas that include Art and Design, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Film, Media and English, Computer Science, Engineering and Maths. One of the focuses in the area of Art and Design is Animation, with many facilities that include a recording studio and communication arts studios.Middlesex University is located in London, UK. The courses offered at a Bachelor’s level are in areas that include Art and Design, Business, Education, Social Sciences, Film, Media and English, Computer Science, Engineering and Maths. One of the focuses in the area of Art and Design is Animation, with many facilities that include a recording studio and communication arts studios....
Athens, United States
- 545SchoolApply Rank
- USD 11,548Average Tuition
- 74.3%Acceptance Rate
Ohio University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Ohio. Located in Athens, Ohio, the university offers over 250 bachelor's degree programs and 6 graduate programs. The school that has the biggest enrollment for bachelor's degree students is the School of Recreation and Sport Sciences....
Manchester, United Kingdom
- 592SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,372Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU), is a public university located in Manchester, UK. MMU offers master's degree courses in a wide range of faculties including the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Faculty of Business and Law and Faculty of Education....
Clinton, United States
- 673SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,740Average Tuition
- 67%Acceptance Rate
Mississippi College, established in 1826, is a private, co-educational, Christian University of Liberal Arts and Sciences located in Clinton in Mississippi, USA. The University offers a wide variety of master's degree programs through various departments such as Communication, Business, Art, Biological Sciences, Kinesiology and Mathematics. ...