Master’s in Fine Arts in UAECreate Account
Master’s in Fine Arts in the UAE
A Master’s in Fine Arts in the UAE equips students with the skills they need to excel in the performing and creative arts. These particular degree programmes are usually only open to students who possess a bachelor’s degree in a chosen subject area. The degree is granted to students who major in fields such as art, creative writing, drama, fashion, music, and filmmaking. The vast majority of master’s programmes require students to write a research paper or thesis prior to graduation.
What is a Master’s in Fine Arts in the UAE?
A Master’s in Fine Arts programme in the UAE typically lasts two years, as long as the student enrols full-time. Throughout the programme, students will be encouraged to develop a deeper understanding of the social, cultural, and personal impact of the performing and creative arts. Students may also engage in the following activities during their studies:
- The completion of various assignments and examinations.
- Independent study and studio programmes.
- Internships with prominent companies and professionals in the field.
- Attending discussions, lectures, master classes, and seminars.
The structure and requirements of each programme will vary from school to school. It is important to note that the majority of programmes are fairly selective, and students may have to attend an audition or submit a portfolio for entrance.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Fine Arts in the UAE?
There are numerous benefits that accompany earning a graduate degree. Of course, these benefits will vary from student to student, but they tend to be extremely enriching. After earning a Master’s in Fine Arts in the UAE, students may encounter the following professional and personal benefits:
- During the programme, students will have an opportunity to gain specialised knowledge and develop their skill in a certain area. This usually makes them more attractive to employers and broadens their understanding of a subject area.
- Students with master’s degrees usually earn higher salaries than individuals who do not have a formal education. These higher salaries are offered when individuals possess an important skill or specialised knowledge.
- Many universities in the UAE have connections to prestigious universities in the US and Europe. These foreign schools often offer internship opportunities, and sometimes, job opportunities to students in the UAE. This will allow the student to explore possibilities abroad.
- Individuals with a master’s degree tend to report higher levels of professional satisfaction. They usually work fewer hours, have more autonomy, and earn higher salaries than non-educated individuals.
In addition to the benefits listed above, the UAE provides a beautiful setting for students to study in. If a student chooses to live in the UAE, he or she will not be subjected to an income tax. The UAE also has some of the most prestigious fine arts programmes in the Middle East.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Fine Arts in the UAE?
For the majority of students, earning a Master’s in Fine Arts opens the door to a world of career choices. Graduate arts programmes usually provide students with time to study and hone their craft individually. This allows them to develop their own unique voice and brand, making them more appealing to employers. During their studies, students may even have the opportunity to network with instructors, department heads, and other students. This will increase their chances of finding employment after graduation.
Students who major in fashion or design may have a wealth of options to choose from. These students frequently choose to become fashion designers and advisors. They design clothing, shoes, and accessories for individuals, infusing their styles with personality and artistry. Some choose to design costumes for plays and movies. Fashion design is slowly becoming one of the most popular majors in the world. Fashion students who enjoy writing sometimes find employment at fashion magazines and publications around the world.
Those who major in cinema studies and photography will also have various careers to choose from. Photography majors frequently employ their skills at magazines, newspapers, and other publications that have the need for high-quality images. They often work alongside journalists and news reporters. Some choose to photograph individuals or natural settings, and they may even sell their pictures for money. Cinema students often become filmmakers, critics, and producers.
Other career paths include:
- Creative Writing (novelist, poet, copywriter)
- Drama (actor, director)
- Art (sculptor, art critic, painter)
Regardless of what career you hope to have, a Master’s in Fine Arts can more than likely increase your number of choices. Start searching now for the best program for you.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 42,310Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Paris-Sorbonne University - Abu Dhabi (Sorbonne Abu Dhabi) is located in Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE. In collaboration with Paris Descartes University, Sorbonne Abu Dhabi offers 13 master's degree programs with French and English used as a teaching language....