Master’s in Computer Information Systems in the United KingdomCreate Account
Best Master’s in Computer Information Systems in the United Kingdom
Whether or not you are a current college student, you probably manage to use computers in some form every day. From accessing the internet to making a phone call, computers and modern society have become seemingly irreparably intertwined. When you use computers every day, it’s useful to know how they work. This can help you to develop your own programs or solve your own issues as they pop up. A Bachelor’s degree gives you foundational knowledge in computers, but it’s in a Master’s program that you really get to explore the inner workings of networks. If computers fascinate you, consider earning a Master’s in Computer Information Systems in the United Kingdom.
What Is a Master’s in Computer Information Systems?
The Master’s in Computer Information Systems is a postgraduate program focusing on the technical knowledge as well as managerial and organizational skills. The degree is often a Master’s of Science that may culminate in a capstone project or examination. Students may choose to concentrate in a number of different areas. Networks, analytics, project management, application development, and business intelligence are a few examples. Courses that students may encounter include
- Business Data Communication
- Database Design and Implementation
- Analysis and Design of Information Systems
- Information Structure of Software
Students must usually complete a four-year undergraduate degree in a computer-related discipline before admittance to a postgraduate program. English is the primary language of UK universities, so international students might also have to prove their proficiency in the language. You may contact your chosen university directly to find out which proficiency examinations the program accepts. Students who are seeking online options might find that some universities offer their computer information systems degrees completely online. You will need to research the program options thoroughly to ensure you choose one that will meet your career and academic needs. There are many universities in the UK that offer this type of campus or online program:
- University of Chester
- Liverpool John Moores University – Liverpool Business School
- Brunel University London
- Birmingham City University
- London Metropolitan University
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Computer Information Systems?
There are plenty of the standard benefits that come along with choosing to earn a postgraduate degree. This includes qualifying for higher positions than you might with just a Bachelor’s degree. You are also likely to earn more over the course of your career when you have a Master’s degree. In addition to appealing more to employers, other advantages to earning a Master’s in Computer Information Systems in the UK are
- Take care of your personal computers. When you have advanced studies with information systems, you know how to create your own software and manage the security of your personal computer. Your friends and family will probably want some help with that, too.
- Learn from leaders in the industry. University faculty are usually experts in their field. On top of that, universities often have guest lecturers who are professionals currently working or influencing the industry. As a student, you get access to all of that knowledge.
- Access state-of-the-art equipment and software. Universities invest heavily in the proper resources for their students. While you might be able to take the computer lab and other equipment and software with you when you graduate, you do tend to have free or nearly free access while you are a student.
- Get assistance for internships and job placement. Many universities help you find businesses to work with to gain experience or find employment. Take advantage of this while you can.
- Enjoy the unique environment of the UK. The UK features a long and rich history. No matter where you go, you’re not too far away from a scenic location such as Stonehenge or Buckingham Palace.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Computer Information Systems?
With your degree in computer information systems, you just might have free reign of any computer-related job you can imagine. Of course, you could also go into education or an entirely different field, if you prefer. If you’re looking for employment in your field of study, you might consider positions such as
- IT Consultant
- IT Director
- IT Manager
- Systems Administrator
- Software Engineer
- Software Developer
- Program Analyst
Seeking advanced education in computers is a wise move if you hope to influence the future development of technology. Begin the search for a Master’s in Computer Information Systems program in the UK today.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
- 90SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,716Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Cardiff Metropolitan University (Cardiff Met) is a UK public Institution with two central campuses located in Llandaff and Cyncoed in Wales, United Kingdom. Through its 6 academic schools, the university offers master’s programs in a wide range of disciplines....
London, United Kingdom
- 334SchoolApply Rank
- USD 10,922Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
London Metropolitan University in the United Kingdom, places students at the centre of everything it does. The University is proud of its vibrant, multicultural and socially diverse community, and welcomes applicants regardless of age or background....
Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 506SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,059Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU) is a public research-driven university located in Liverpool, England. LJMU offers a wide range of master's degree programs through its five academic faculties namely: Arts, Professional and Social Studies; Education, Health and Community; Engineering and Technology; Liverpool Business School; and Science.