Top Schools for Master’s in Professional Studies in the United KingdomCreate Account
Master’s in Professional Studies in the United Kingdom
Are you interested in obtaining the skills you need to further your current career? Would you like to learn how to communicate more effectively in the workplace? If you answered yes to these questions, you should consider earning a Master’s in Professional Studies in the United Kingdom. This programme will help you develop the professional, personal and academic skills you need to advance in the workplace and assume roles with a greater amount of responsibility. This degree programme is open to students from virtually every professional background and nationality.
What is a Master’s in Professional Studies?
This degree will help you understand the current challenges that workplaces and organisations around the world face on a regular basis. You will learn how to contribute a variety of positive ideas to your organisation, and increase your knowledge of management and strategy. Throughout the programme, you will be encouraged to apply what you have learned in real life. As a professional studies student, you will probably engage in the following activities at some point.
- Take courses in communication, management, finance, organisational psychology and marketing.
- Attend lectures and seminars taught by leading business professionals and academics.
- Write a thesis or dissertation prior to graduation.
- Shadow a working professional or intern for a specific company.
This degree can only be obtained by students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree. For the majority of individuals, the degree will take one to three years to earn. In most programmes, a heavy emphasis will be placed on developing research and writing skills.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Professional Studies in the United Kingdom?
If you are like the majority of students, you are probably interested in the benefits of earning this degree. Some of the benefits are professional, but some of them will contribute to your personal satisfaction. If you have ever considered earning a Master’s in Professional Studies in the United Kingdom, read the list of potential benefits below.
- This degree is perfect for working professionals who want to further their careers or receive a promotion. This degree programme will expand your base of professional knowledge, and show you how to advance in a corporate or nonprofit structure.
- The UK is home to many of the world’s leading universities. This means that you will have a wealth of exceptional programmes to choose from. A top-notch education can lay the foundation for your future success.
- If you are concerned about your finances or earning potential, acquiring this degree can help you increase your salary. Statistics firmly support the fact that individuals who possess a master’s degree tend to earn significantly more than individuals with no education.
- The UK has a healthy and diverse economy, so you will have a vast array of jobs to choose from in a variety of industries. If you decide to remain after graduation, you will enter an economy with a great need for workers with your background.
The benefits that you experience may vary from the ones listed above. Your personal goals, geographic area, and professional performance will all have an impact on your career.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Professional Studies?
This is a highly versatile degree, and you will have the opportunity to work in almost any industry you choose. After earning a degree, you will have the skills and knowledge you need to progress in any professional environment. Some students elect to become managers or executives. The organisational, communication and financial skills they acquire usually help them achieve this level. They direct others and set strict goals for their company or organisation. Managers and executives are needed in every industry, and their leadership skills have the potential to transform any workplace.
If you elect to remain in your current profession, you may be able to advance to the next professional level. This can give you access to a higher salary and an increased level of responsibility. You may be able to apply for the following positions at your job after you obtain a professional studies degree.
- Human Resources Worker
- Talent Recruiter or Developer
Earning this degree can be immensely beneficial to all working professionals. Earning it in the UK can give you a chance to choose from an enormous selection of graduate programmes. If you are prepared to take your career to the next level, find a programme that appeals to you and apply today.
Bath, United Kingdom
- 124SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,869Average Tuition
- 89%Acceptance Rate
Bath Spa University (Bath Spa) has campuses located in Newton Park and Sion Hill, Bath, United Kingdom. Bath Spa also has a campus located in the market town of Corsham. Bath Spa offers over a 100 master’s degree programs across its 4 academic schools, namely: Bath Business School; Bath School of Art and Design; College of Liberal Arts; and the Institute for Education....
Colchester, United Kingdom
- 255SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,995Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The University of Essex is a public research university with the main campus in Colchester, Essex, England and two other campuses spread across Southend and Loughton. The university offers a wide range of master's degree programs....
Chichester, United Kingdom
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,505Average Tuition
University of Chichester is a a public university located in West Sussex, England, United Kingdom. University of Chichester offers more than 50 programs at the master's degree level in a wide range of disciplines....