Top Schools for Master’s in Professional Studies in the United KingdomCreate Account
Master’s in Professional Studies in the United Kingdom
Are you interested in obtaining the skills you need to further your current career? Would you like to learn how to communicate more effectively in the workplace? If you answered yes to these questions, you should consider earning a Master’s in Professional Studies in the United Kingdom. This programme will help you develop the professional, personal and academic skills you need to advance in the workplace and assume roles with a greater amount of responsibility. This degree programme is open to students from virtually every professional background and nationality.
What is a Master’s in Professional Studies?
This degree will help you understand the current challenges that workplaces and organisations around the world face on a regular basis. You will learn how to contribute a variety of positive ideas to your organisation, and increase your knowledge of management and strategy. Throughout the programme, you will be encouraged to apply what you have learned in real life. As a professional studies student, you will probably engage in the following activities at some point.
- Take courses in communication, management, finance, organisational psychology and marketing.
- Attend lectures and seminars taught by leading business professionals and academics.
- Write a thesis or dissertation prior to graduation.
- Shadow a working professional or intern for a specific company.
This degree can only be obtained by students who have already earned a bachelor’s degree. For the majority of individuals, the degree will take one to three years to earn. In most programmes, a heavy emphasis will be placed on developing research and writing skills.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Master’s in Professional Studies in the United Kingdom?
If you are like the majority of students, you are probably interested in the benefits of earning this degree. Some of the benefits are professional, but some of them will contribute to your personal satisfaction. If you have ever considered earning a Master’s in Professional Studies in the United Kingdom, read the list of potential benefits below.
- This degree is perfect for working professionals who want to further their careers or receive a promotion. This degree programme will expand your base of professional knowledge, and show you how to advance in a corporate or nonprofit structure.
- The UK is home to many of the world’s leading universities. This means that you will have a wealth of exceptional programmes to choose from. A top-notch education can lay the foundation for your future success.
- If you are concerned about your finances or earning potential, acquiring this degree can help you increase your salary. Statistics firmly support the fact that individuals who possess a master’s degree tend to earn significantly more than individuals with no education.
- The UK has a healthy and diverse economy, so you will have a vast array of jobs to choose from in a variety of industries. If you decide to remain after graduation, you will enter an economy with a great need for workers with your background.
The benefits that you experience may vary from the ones listed above. Your personal goals, geographic area, and professional performance will all have an impact on your career.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Master’s in Professional Studies?
This is a highly versatile degree, and you will have the opportunity to work in almost any industry you choose. After earning a degree, you will have the skills and knowledge you need to progress in any professional environment. Some students elect to become managers or executives. The organisational, communication and financial skills they acquire usually help them achieve this level. They direct others and set strict goals for their company or organisation. Managers and executives are needed in every industry, and their leadership skills have the potential to transform any workplace.
If you elect to remain in your current profession, you may be able to advance to the next professional level. This can give you access to a higher salary and an increased level of responsibility. You may be able to apply for the following positions at your job after you obtain a professional studies degree.
- Human Resources Worker
- Talent Recruiter or Developer
Earning this degree can be immensely beneficial to all working professionals. Earning it in the UK can give you a chance to choose from an enormous selection of graduate programmes. If you are prepared to take your career to the next level, find a programme that appeals to you and apply today.
Chester, United Kingdom
- 125SchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,404Average Tuition
- 65%Acceptance Rate
The University of Chester is one of the oldest universities in the UK. Founded in 1839, it is a public university situated in Chester, England. The University has dedicated faculties, through which it delivers master’s degree programs to local and international students. ...
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 169SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,953Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Queen's University Belfast (Queen's) is a public institution located along the University Road in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK. Queen's offers a wide range of master's degree programs across its three academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering and Physical Sciences; and Medicine, Health and Life Sciences....
Poole, United Kingdom
- 541SchoolApply Rank
- USD 16,870Average Tuition
- 71%Acceptance Rate
Bournemouth University (BU) is located in Bournemouth on the South coast of England, United Kingdom. BU offers over a 100 master's degree courses through 4 academic faculties, namely: Faculty of Health and Social Sciences; Faculty of Science and Technology; Faculty of Media and Communication; and the Faculty of Management. BU also offers courses through The Business School....
Chichester, United Kingdom
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 11,700Average Tuition
- 70%Acceptance Rate
In terms of learning and teaching our approach is distinctive when compared to that adopted by many universities. To us students are not just a ‘face in the crowd’. One way in which this is reflected is through focusing on relatively small group learning. The Business School builds upon the strong reputation that we have earned for delivering high-quality courses. The Business School's programmes are based at the Bognor Regis Campus, which offers state of the art provision in a comfortable and attractive location....