London: the ultimate study destination
Fun, diverse and buzzing – this global city is a student favourite.
London. The capital of England. Does this famous city really need any more of an introduction? Steeped in history, this melting pot of cultures is crammed full of world-class attractions, famous museums and top shopping opportunities. With all this and more, it’s easy to see why London is one of the most visited cities in the world.
But it’s not just a popular tourist destination. London is also the best city in the world for studying abroad (QS Best Student Cities 2018).
But is it right for you? If you’re still making up your mind about where to study, here are five top reasons why London really is the top destination for international students.
1. A Centre for World-Class Education
Choosing London for your studies immediately opens the door to a concentration of internationally-ranked universities. In fact, you’ll find four of the world’s top 40 universities here (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019).
By studying in London, you can combine an exciting lifestyle with one of the best educations in the world. Just think, you could be joining the 100,000+ international students from over 200 countries (London Higher 2017) who already study here.
2. A Global City Full of Employment Opportunities
London is a major financial and business centre, home to 70 FTSE 100-listed companies and some of the world’s biggest Fortune 500 companies. Study here and you will be surrounded by world-leading organisations and global brands.
Take advantage of the opportunities provided by living and studying in a business and industry hub to build your professional network and kickstart your career.
3. There’s So Much Going On...
London offers countless opportunities for fun: street markets, festivals, exhibitions, cultural events, theatre, cinema, coffee shops, restaurants, nightclubs...
If that isn't enough to keep you busy in between your studies, don’t forget about the many famous tourist attractions. Here are just a few of our favourites:
- the Shard – enjoy the city’s iconic skyline from London’s highest viewing platform
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour – go behind the scenes of the Harry Potter films
- Tower of London – explore this historic castle and see the priceless Crown Jewels
4. And Plenty of Things To Do for Free
You could be forgiven for thinking London may be too expensive to study in. It’s true, it can be pricey, but so can all big cities. You’ll be pleased to know that there’s plenty to do in London for free.
These are some of our top free things to do in London:
- British Museum – be impressed by this collection of world-famous objects
- Tate Modern – immerse yourself in modern and contemporary art in a former power station
- Science Museum – experience hands-on learning at this fascinating, interactive museum
5. A Dream for Food Lovers and Shopaholics
Whether you’re buying or just browsing, London is a shopper’s dream! High street stores, designer brands and independent boutiques can be found in shopping centres and quirky markets across the city.
And if you’re after a taste from home or trying out British specialities, sampling street food snacks or experiencing fine dining, you’ll discover that London’s cuisine is as diverse as the city’s multicultural population.
If this has given you a taste for studying in London, why not check out some of these courses in the capital. Based in the city’s financial district, INTO London World Education Centre gives students the option to progress to more than 100 universities by studying one of the following:
- International Foundation in a range of subjects including Accounting, Art, Law, Science, Engineering, Business or Hospitality
- International Year One in Business
- Pre-Master's in Banking and Finance or Business Administration