Learn English alongside your university education – INTO
Learn about INTO institutions in the US and the UK that help international students gain admission to university while also improving their English language skills.
International students from all around the world aspire to complete their higher education outside of their home country to experience a new culture, learn another language and receive a higher quality of education. Students who wish to apply to the US or the UK are often worried about their low English language skills and wonder how to fulfill their ambitions of studying in these countries.
INTO has helped thousands of international students gain admission to leading universities around the world even if their English is not fluent. INTO has partnered with universities in both the United States and United Kingdom to create and establish dedicated pathway programs for international students. Through INTO Centers, students receive support settling into their new homes and take university-level classes, while they also improve their English communication skills.
INTO – University of East Anglia
The University of East Anglia (UEA) is located in the UK and it is ranked among the top 15 universities in the country by the Complete University Guide. There are over 3,500 international students who call UEA home and it is also one of the safest campuses in the UK. Based on the Research Excellence Framework 2014, UEA is 10th in the UK for quality of research and it received a Teaching Excellence Framework GOLD in 2017 for quality of teaching.
UEA offers a range of programs for international students to help them improve their English language skills.
- International Foundation in: Business, Economics, Society and Culture; Humanities and Law; Mathematics and Actuarial Sciences; Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences; and Physical Sciences and Engineering
- International Year One in: Business Management and Economics; International Development with Media; and Psychology
- International Graduate Diploma in: Business, Economics, and Social Sciences
- English Languages Courses: Pre-sessional English, Study Abroad with English, and Academic English
INTO – Marshall University
Marshall University is located in Huntington, West Virginia in the United States. International students from over 60 different countries complete their higher education at Marshall. The university is ranked #1 in the US for its Forensic Science Master’s Program according to the American Board of Criminalistics 2015. It is #15 in top public universities in the southern region of the US, as per the US News & World Report rankings in 2017. The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching recognizes Marshall University as a Master’s Level Research University.
Marshall University, in collaboration with INTO, offers many programs specifically designed for international students.
- International Year One in: Business Administration, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering with Civil Emphasis, General Studies, Mechanical Engineering, Music, Safety Technology, Science, and Visual Arts
- Graduate Pathway in: Accountancy, Biomechanics, MBA, Computer Science, Engineering, Environmental Science, Exercise Science, Geography, Health Care Administration, Health Informatics, Human Resource Management, Information Systems, Journalism, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Music, Public Administration, Public Health, Safety, Social Work, Sports Administration, and Technology Management
- Academic English
SchoolApply supports international students with their application to English language programs across various INTO centres in the US and UKLearn More
INTO – Queen’s University Belfast
Ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings 2019 and 25th in the world for international outlook by Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018, Queen’s University Belfast (QUB) in Northern Ireland is one of the most respected universities in the UK. The INTO QUB Center is ready to help all students with any issue, be it setting up a bank account or helping with university applications.
Students can apply to one of many INTO courses specially designed for international students at Queen’s University Belfast.
- Undergraduate degree with International Year One
- International Foundation in: Architecture; Business, Humanities and Social Sciences; and Engineering and Science
- International Year One in: Accounting, Engineering, and Management and Finance
- Graduate Diploma in: Finance, Management, and Social Sciences
- English Language Courses in: Pre-sessional English and Academic English
INTO – Illinois State University
Illinois State University (ISU) is ranked by US News & World Report 2018 as #83 in the top public schools in the entire country. USA Today 2017 awarded ISU the ranking of #9 in the category of Best Value US Colleges for international students. Located in Normal, Illinois, the university boasts small class sizes and a nurturing environment as students receive personalized attention from faculty and staff members.
INTO has worked with ISU to create many courses that cater to international students.
- International Year One in: Business, Computer Science, General Studies, Information Systems, and Science, Applied Sciences and Technology
- Graduate Pathway in: Accountancy with Accounting Degree; Accountancy with Non-Accounting Degree; Arts Technology; Economics; Fashion Design and Merchandising; Food, Nutrition and Dietetics; Human Development; Hydrogeology; Information Systems with IS background; Information Systems with Non-IS background; Interior Design; Kinesiology and Recreation; Mathematics; MBA with Business Background; MBA with Non-Business degree; Music; Studio Arts; and Technology
- Academic English
Learn about these INTO programs and more by visiting SchoolApply and viewing their profile pages.