TOP 5 REASONS TO STUDY IN LONDON
If you’re considering studying abroad, then London should definitely be high on your list of locations!
As one of the most exciting cities in the world, London is not only steeped in tradition, but its diverse culture means that this capital city truly does have something to offer everyone. Plus, it has a huge variety of top class universities! Still not sure it’s right for you? Here are 5 reasons why studying in London is a great choice.
1) A global network
Your time spent at university is a great opportunity to network and to create contacts in your chosen field. Studying in London means, you’ll have the opportunity to meet a wide range of people from all over the world, automatically connecting you to a valuable global network. Developing these important relationships with the right people can really help boost your career and open doors for you in the future.
2) Unlock opportunities
Many large companies use this world-class city as the home base for their global headquarters, which means that there are often wonderful opportunities for new graduates! Also, large corporations usually offer graduate schemes, work placements, networking events and interview training; all of which are advertised through London universities. Studying at a UK based university also means you can rest assured that you’ll be earning a degree that is recognized by companies the world over, opening up exciting opportunities in different countries.
3) Be a part of a global city
London is a diverse melting pot of different cultures and people, making it the ideal place to easily meet new people and discover new cultures. People from all over the world flock to this iconic city, which is partly why the city has such a unique energy! From the Caribbean flavour in the South of London to the Bangladesh-influenced East End, be sure to spend some time exploring the different cultures the city has to offer.
4) Fun… every day of the week
London boasts one of the largest student populations in Europe and is undoubtedly one of the most exciting cities in the world! Whether you enjoy theatre, art, museums, music, festivals or shopping, London truly has something to offer everyone and a whole lot more. With such iconic tourist attractions, such as Big Ben, the London Eye, Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London, you’re guaranteed a series of unforgettable experiences. Plus, there are so many bars, restaurants and music venues, your biggest challenge is sure to be picking which ones to visit!
Need a break from the city or looking for some fun that doesn’t break the bank? Then just head to one of London’s many parks, or take a stroll around the Royal Botanic Gardens for a change of pace and to appreciate the beautiful surroundings.
5) A wide variety of top universities
Not only is London consistently ranked as one of the top student cities in the world, it also happens to have one of the highest concentrations of universities, ensuring that you have a wide variety of viable options to choose from! Plus, when it comes to choosing a course, the sky's the limit, as in London course options are practically limitless.
As London is steeped in history and tradition, students here can enjoy the prestige of studying at one of the many established universities that are scattered around the city. On top of this, London has wonderful resources to enrich the student experience, with countless libraries and support networks to aid you in your studies.
Here are some of the brilliant university options you will have at your fingertips, should you decide to venture across the pond:
- London South Bank University (LSBU) – Broaden your future horizons at one of the largest and oldest universities in the heart of London! LSBU is ranked as the number one modern university in London for graduate prospects and the number one modern university in London for the highest graduate starting salaries. Need we say more?
- Regent’s University London – London’s only independent, not-for-profit university has its main campus set in 11 acres of secluded private garden. If you’re looking for an intimate and cosmopolitan experience in the heart of the capital city, this one’s for you!
- King's College London – A public university with five campuses in London and 8 faculties to choose from. Do you want to fully immerse yourself in student life? With over 100 societies that vary in interest from politics to comedy, students are sure to find a society that fits their interests.
- Brunel University London – A world-class university based in West London. Now almost 50 years old, this university looks to combine great academics with a practical, entrepreneurial and imaginative approach.
- Middlesex University – Offering a wide variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs and state-of-the-art facilities, you can’t go wrong with a degree from Middlesex University. With three other campuses in Dubai, Malta and Mauritius, studying here will also mean that you’re a part of a global academic community.