Bachelor in Psychology
Bachelor in Psychology
Psychology is the scientific study of the mind. Education in this discipline is essential for those seeking a career in the mental health industry. Bachelor degree programs in Psychology prepares graduates for the first phase of their careers.
What Is a Bachelor in Psychology?
A Bachelor of Psychology is a four-year degree program offered by universities. It develops the fundamental understanding of the science of thinking. Psychology delves into the mysteries of how thoughts and emotions form in the brain.
Program course work includes:
- Principles and Theories of Psychology: Introductory courses on the major disciplines.
- Cognition: The difference between being aware and unaware.
- Developmental and Childhood Psychology: How thought processes change throughout life.
- Forensic Psychology: Using psychology sciences in criminal investigations.
- Clinical Psychology: Treatment methods for mental illnesses.
- Research Methods of Psychology: Information gathering and analysis techniques.
- Treatment Methods: Counseling and behavior modification techniques.
Students must decide between pursuing a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science. An arts degree focuses more on developing strong communication and interpersonal skills. These skills prepare you for a career in counselling or therapy. A science degree focuses on mathematics and the biological theories of how the brain works. These degrees are better for those wishing to study mental health or perform research.
What are the Benefits of Earning a Bachelor in Psychology?
Graduates enter the workforce and compete for jobs in the mental health services industry. They earn higher wages and have plenty of opportunities.
Valuable skills of graduates include:
- Communication: Training improves your ability to create a connection with another person.
- Psychological Analysis: Detect signs of mental illness, stress, anxiety and other problems.
- Treatment and Care Plans: Know how to remedy common emotional problems.
- Conflict Resolution: Be able to settle disputes.
You are also ready to work towards completing an advanced degree program. In some instances, a Masters’ Degree is a requirement for career advancement. A Doctoral degree in Psychology is the highest level of education possible. You will learn to perform original research and work to advance the scientific understanding as a whole.
Other master degree programs will train you to become a professional counsellor or clinical therapist. You can diversify your training and seek a degree in other disciplines as well. Some go to law or business school and become lawyers or managers.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect with a Bachelor in Psychology?
Bachelor degree programs in Psychology are good preparations for careers that require good communication and interpersonal skills. It is well suited for professionals in the field of sales, real estate, marketing or human resources. Some legal specializations benefit from a background in Psychology.
Human services fields are the most common careers graduates pursue. Many find work in social services, counseling or community relations programs. Obtain special training to provide care for specific practices. Concentrate your studies on related subjects to work with patients in drug rehabilitation centers and victims of abuse.
A Bachelor of Psychology is an excellent training program for anyone interested in studying the way the human mind functions. It is a practical degree that has many applications. Graduates enjoy a diverse selection of career opportunities and higher income after completing their course.
Begin your search today for the best Psychology program that's right for you!