Bachelor’s in Applied Cognition and NeuroscienceCreate Account
Bachelor's in Applied Cognition and Neuroscience
A Bachelor’s degree is a primary undergraduate degree that usually takes around four years to complete. For many entry-level jobs around the world, employers expect a minimum of a Bachelor’s level education. This type of degree provides foundational knowledge and skills in a specific area of study. There are many popular fields of study to choose from for a Bachelor’s degree. Individuals who enjoy working with computers and the complexity of the human brain should consider Bachelor degree programs in applied cognition and neuroscience. A few universities around the world that offer this type of program include:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Michigan
- Vassar College
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of Manchester
- University of Nottingham
- Occidental College
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- Arizona State University
- American University
What Is a Bachelor’s in Applied Cognition and Neuroscience?
Applied cognition and neuroscience is much more than just studying the workings of the brain. It also involves the study and development of computer programs to simulate the capabilities of the human brain. This type of degree program covers a wide range of topics from computer systems to neurological diagnostics. Areas of specialisation that many universities may offer include:
- Human and Computer Interaction - This is the engineering of computer systems that are easy for the end user to operate.
- Computational Modelling - This is the study and creation of computer simulations for the development of artificial intelligence and analysis of the brain and behaviour.
- Neurological Diagnosis - This specialisation focuses on training and preparation for brain imaging such as MRI, EEG, PET, and SPECT.
- Cognition and Neuroscience - This involves the collection and interpretation of neurophysiological and behavioural data.
Some programs might require students to complete prerequisite courses and meet specific grade requirements before enrolling in the program. While some courses might be available online, students should consider the benefits of on-campus study, such as direct access to the newest software and equipment.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Applied Cognition and Neuroscience?
Students who stick with applied cognition and neuroscience programs enjoy a number of benefits:
- Access to the latest technology and software.
- Learn directly from leaders in the field.
- Network with professionals and promising students.
- Get assistance with internships and job placement following graduation.
- Qualify for postgraduate programs to earn a higher degree.
- Find more job opportunities than those without a Bachelor’s degree.
- Earn a higher salary over the course of your career than those without.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Applied Cognition and Neuroscience?
Many graduates can pursue entry-level work as assistants with software and computer developers after earning a Bachelor’s degree. Those who choose to focus on imaging education may also be able to find work with hospitals in imaging labs if they receive the proper certifications and licencing. Students who wish to become professionals in the field might consider enrolling in a Master’s program. Viable career paths in applied cognition and neuroscience include:
- Software Development
- Computer Programmer
- Neurofeedback Technician
- Imaging Specialist
Anyone fascinated by computers and the workings of the human brain should consider earning a Bachelor’s in Applied Cognition and Neuroscience. Start searching for suitable programs around the world today.
Irvine, United States
- 96SchoolApply Rank
- USD 43,528Average Tuition
- 37%Acceptance Rate
The University of California - Irvine is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities with a campus in Irvine; a suburban area in California, U.S.A. Through its faculties, the university offers over 80 bachelor's degree programs....
Tempe, United States
- 160SchoolApply Rank
- USD 31,200Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
Dundee, United Kingdom
- 211SchoolApply Rank
- USD 22,087Average Tuition
- 85%Acceptance Rate
The University of Dundee (DU) is a public research university located in the city of Dundee, Scotland. The University has dedicated faculties through which it delivers bachelor's degree programs to both local and international students from over 100 countries. ...
Corpus Christi, United States
- 313SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,107Average Tuition
- 86%Acceptance Rate
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi is a state university in Corpus Christi, Texas, United States. The school offers bachelor’s degree programs through its academic schools. ...
Melbourne, United States
- 630SchoolApply Rank
- USD 40,490Average Tuition
- 63%Acceptance Rate
Florida Institute of Technology, established in 1958, is a private, not-for-profit technological University with a campus in the coastal city of Melbourne in Florida, USA. The University offers several bachelor's degree programs from its four Colleges of Aeronautics, Business, Engineering & Science and Psychology & Liberal Arts....
Monmouth, United States
- 750SchoolApply Rank
- USD 37,674Average Tuition
- 67%Acceptance Rate
Monmouth College, established in 1853, is a selective, national four-year Liberal Arts College located in Monmouth in Illinois, USA. The University offers a wide variety of bachelor's degree programs in disciplines such as Business, Theatre, Engineering, Economics and Public Relations....
Denver, United States
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 18,859Average Tuition
- 64%Acceptance Rate
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a public University located in the heart of urban Denver in Colorado, USA. The University offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs through schools and Colleges such as Business, Letters, Arts & Sciences and Education....