Bachelor in Industrial EngineeringCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Industrial Engineering
Around the world, Bachelor’s degrees are awarded to students who’ve completed a three to four year undergraduate program focused on a specified academic discipline. Students pursue these programs after secondary school. The program prepares students to seek placement in advanced degree programs and/or entry-level employment in their niche.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Industrial Engineering?
The industrial engineering path involves plenty of advanced mathematics and to a lesser extent, science. It’s common for students to see high levels of calculus, but the remaining curriculum focuses more on engineering elements. Physical and social science electives are frequently recommended or required for industrial engineering programs. Common classes may include:
- Computer Systems and Programming: Students will learn the fundamentals of computer science as well as some programming. The extent of the programming knowledge and requirements will vary depending on the program.
- Robotics and Automation: Students learn the fundamentals of robotics as well as current issues being discussed in the fields. They’ll learn the uses and applications for automated functions.
- Facility Design: The coursework will teach students how to design industrial facilities for effective production and inventory management.
- Manufacturing Processes: From the planning stages to the quality testing stages, students gain a deep understanding of how products are developed and researched.
- Quality Control: Students are equipped with a variety of quality control methods that will help them troubleshoot and resolve issues.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering?
Adding a Bachelor’s degree to their resume will certainly help students get noticed in the competitive job market. These benefits will also be a great advantage:
- Increased Salary: After completing this degree, graduates have proof of their specialised skill set and have leverage to ask for higher starting salaries. Additionally, higher career salaries are also likely with this degree.
- Professional Skill Sets: Students have the chance to fully develop their creative problem solving skills during their program. They build foundational knowledge of science, math and engineering principles as well.
- Prepare for Graduate Programs: A Bachelor’s degree is a requirement for most graduate programs and for the engineering field, a compatible Bachelor’s degree is often necessary.
- Build Professional Network: When students need to secure jobs after graduation, they’ll be happy to discover a budding professional network composed of professors, study partners, mentors and tutors.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Industrial Engineering?
After completing their Bachelor’s degree, graduates are free to pursue advanced degree programs in the industrial engineering or a related field. Many graduates will choose to become entry-level industrial engineers. These professionals are responsible for finding the most efficient method of production for machines, information, materials, people and anything else that might need optimization.
Industrial engineers are often creative thinkers and problem solvers and can be found working in many niches. Other common positions for graduates include:
- Management Engineer
- Operations Analyst
- Quality Engineer
Are you ready to find great Bachelor degree programs in Industrial Engineering that match your ideal career goals? Start looking for the right program today to ensure you don’t miss out on any deadlines!
Tempe, United States
- 160SchoolApply Rank
- USD 27,618Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
Wrexham, United Kingdom
- 189SchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,347Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Wrexham Glyndwr University is located in Wrexham, Wales. It offers undergraduate degrees in 14 course areas that include Animal and Plant Biology, Complementary Medicine and Creative Media Technology. The university also offers postgraduate degrees, and research programs for PhD and MPhil. In addition to those undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, the university also has a two year fast track degree, that allows you to earn your degree in two years instead of three....
McHenry, United States
- 204SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,440Average Tuition
- 77%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The university offers a good number of bachelor’s degree programs through its 15 schools....
Boston, United States
- 230SchoolApply Rank
- USD 50,450Average Tuition
- 27%Acceptance Rate
Northeastern University located in Boston, Massachusetts, offers 150 undergraduate majors of study and 125 graduate areas of study through its nine colleges and schools of Arts, Media & Design; Business, Computer & Information Science; Engineering; Health Sciences; Law; Professional Studies; Science; and Social Sciences & Humanities; as well as select advanced degrees at graduate campuses in Charlotte, North Carolina, Seattle, Silicon Valley, and Toronto....
Birmingham, United States
- 272SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,630Average Tuition
- 92%Acceptance Rate
The University of Alabama - Birmingham (UAB) is a public research university located in the city of Birmingham, Alabama, United States. Through its academic schools, the university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree programs....
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- 273SchoolApply Rank
- USD 19,417Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Heriot-Watt University (Heriot-Watt) is a public institution with campuses in Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney, UK. Heriot-Watt offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its five academic schools including: Social Sciences, Textiles and Design, and Engineering and Physical Sciences....
Corvallis, United States
- 274SchoolApply Rank
- USD 30,012Average Tuition
- 79%Acceptance Rate
Oregon State University (OSU) is a public research university in Corvallis, Oregon, United States. The university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree program through its academic schools....
Pullman, United States
- 281SchoolApply Rank
- USD 23,956Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Washington State University (WSU) is a public research university with its main campus in the rural town of Pullman, Washington, USA. WSU also has regional vanguards in a number of cities which are; Vancouver, Tri-cities, Spokane, Everett and its global online campus. WSU offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs....
Tampa, United States
- 285SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,250Average Tuition
- 44%Acceptance Rate
The University of South Florida (USF) is a public research university located in Tampa, Florida, United States. The university offers a good number of bachelor’s degree programs through its academic schools....
- 329SchoolApply Rank
- USD 8,894Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Griffith University, located in Queensland, Australia, is a public research university, offering undergraduate and postgraduate degrees spanning the fields of Business & Government; Criminology & Law; Education; Engineering & IT; Environment, Planning & Architecture; Health; Humanities, Social Sciences & Languages; Music; Science & Aviation; and Visual & Creative Arts....