Bachelor in Engineering PhysicsCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Engineering Physics
A Bachelor’s degree is awarded to undergraduate students after completing their academic program. Full time students typically take three to four years to complete their degrees and apply for admission following graduation from secondary school. Bachelor’s programs are designed to give students a solid professional foundation before entering the workforce.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Engineering Physics?
A Bachelor’s program in Engineering Physics combines the disciplines of physics and engineering in one degree. As such, students are expected to complete advanced physics, mathematics and other science courses as part of base requirements. After students have mastered the fundamentals in these subjects, they’ll move on to advanced concepts like:
- Electromagnetism: Students study electrodynamics, plane waves, transmission lines and rectangular waveguides in this course. They’ll learn how and why the principles of electromagnetics work.
- Active Circuit Design: Students move away from liner systems to create diodes and field-effect transistors that properly simulate principles taught in the class. They may also draw from previous classes on linear systems.
- Linear System Fundamentals: Students deal with complex variables, singularities, residues, discrete time and system analysis. They also encounter Fourier series and transforms, impulse response and more.
- Engineering Probability and Statistics: Students discuss the axioms of probability, random variables, densities, characteristic functions, random number generation and sampling.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Engineering Physics?
Graduates gain the benefit of a Bachelor’s degree on their resume, which is sure to catch the eye of many employers. What other benefits do graduates enjoy as a result of their program?
- Increased Salary: Many graduates notice a significant increase in their expected starting and career salaries as a result of their degree. This is especially so when compared to the prospects of a secondary school graduate.
- Professional Skill Sets: Students develop to distinct skill sets in engineering and physics. This gives them a great competitive advantage, as these hybrid professionals are relatively rare in the job market.
- Prepare for Advanced Programs: This degree program is excellent preparation for advanced degree programs in engineering, physics or both. Furthermore, the science academic programs typically require a compatible Bachelor’s degree for admission.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Engineering Physics?
Some students will choose to move on to advanced engineering or physics programs after completing their Bachelor’s degrees. Others will move into the job market in the engineering physics niche. These professionals are at the forefront of developing new technologies thanks to their knowledge in both physics and engineering.
Most of those with a bachelor’s degree will work in the industrial field, but there are also employment opportunities in the private sector, government agencies and even start-ups. High tech companies and engineering firms are frequently looking to hire these professionals for their next big project or innovation. Careers in lasers, software and computer related technology is very common for engineering physics graduates.
Are you excited about the prospect of finding Bachelor degree programs in Engineering Physics that match your interests and career goals? Don’t wait any longer and start looking for the perfect program today.
McHenry, United States
- 241SchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,670Average Tuition
- 72.7%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The university offers a good number of bachelor’s degree programs through its 15 schools....
Pittsburgh, United States
- 274SchoolApply Rank
- USD 36,394Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Duquesne University is a private non-profit university situated in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Through its nine schools, Duquesne offers a wide variety of Bachelor's degree programs....
Lawrence, United States
- 309SchoolApply Rank
- USD 26,240Average Tuition
- 91.4%Acceptance Rate
The University of Kansas (KU) is a state-sponsored, public research institution located in Kansas, United States. KU is spread across five campuses and through its 14 colleges, the university offers a wide range of bachelor's degree courses. ...
Fort Collins, United States
- 342SchoolApply Rank
- USD 39,370Average Tuition
- 80%Acceptance Rate
Colorado State University (CSU) is a public research university located in Fort Collins, Colorado. Through its eight (8) academic schools, the university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree program....
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- 348SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,194Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Heriot-Watt University (Heriot-Watt) is a public institution with campuses in Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney, UK. Heriot-Watt offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its five academic schools including: Social Sciences, Textiles and Design, and Engineering and Physical Sciences....
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
- 349SchoolApply Rank
- USD 18,049Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Aberystwyth University (Aberystwyth) is spread across 3 campuses located in Penglais, Llanbadarn and Gogerddan on the coast of Wales, United Kingdom. Aberystwyth offers over 500 bachelor’s degree programs across its 20 academic departments. These include the department of Business, Computer Science, Education, Law, and Psychology, among others....
Clinton, United States
- 359SchoolApply Rank
- USD 35,705Average Tuition
- 66%Acceptance Rate
Presbyterian College (PC) is a private institution located in Clinton, South Carolina, USA. PC offers over 100 bachelor's degree programs through an extensive range academic departments including Art, Biology, Chemistry, Economics and Business Administration, and Mathematics....
Ypsilanti, United States
- 389SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,622Average Tuition
- 68%Acceptance Rate
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a learning and research institute in Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA. Students can choose from over 200 bachelor’s degree programs at EMU....
Normal, United States
- 408SchoolApply Rank
- USD 33,465Average Tuition
- 74%Acceptance Rate
Illinois State University is the first publicly-funded higher education institution in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. It offers undergraduate majors and graduate degree programs in a wide variety of concentrations including applied science and technology, arts and sciences, business, education, fine arts, and nursing. Illinois State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission....
Tulsa, United States
- 515SchoolApply Rank
- USD 40,484Average Tuition
- 40.3%Acceptance Rate
The University of Tulsa (TU) is a leading private research institution located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States. The university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree program through its academic schools....