Bachelor in Construction TechnologyCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Construction Technology
A Bachelor’s degree is designed for students who’ve completed secondary school and are looking to advance their knowledge base. Students who complete a three to four year undergraduate program are eligible for a Bachelor’s degree. Most students pursue this educational option to be more competitive in the professional world.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Construction Technology?
This undergraduate program serves to prepare students for the demands of the construction technology field. Students will be expected to have a strong grasp of mathematical and scientific concepts, but much of the coursework will focus on management, business and economic subjects. In addition to technical mathematics, students can expect to see courses related to:
- Soil and Foundations: Students learn to analyse and classify various soil types. They will understand how density, material and moisture levels can affect soil as a sturdy construction material.
- Technical Project Management: Students develop a familiarity with project management technologies and learn how to effectively plan a full scale construction project.
- Organizational Behaviour: Students understand how the various layers in an organization interact with each other to create a cohesive company. The use of these behavioural concepts is applied to case studies and other scenarios.
- Specifications and Regulations: What does the customer want? How will the student build it (theoretically)? These are the types of questions students will learn to answer in this class.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Construction Technology?
Graduates have the benefit of internationally respected educational credentials along with these great advantages:
- Professional Skill Sets: Students will enter the job market having studied numerous cases of project management. Students may also gain real world experiences through class or internships.
- Expand Job Pool: With this degree, graduates qualify for more positions than secondary school graduates.
- Prepare for Doctorate Programs: If students wish to pursue an advanced degree in engineering, their bachelors should be in a related field. Plus, most master’s and doctorate programs will not consider students without an undergraduate degree.
- Build Professional Network: Professors and peers are a great starting point for building a professional network. Mentors from internships and tutors can also help expand a growing network, which may lead to employment after graduation.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Construction Technology?
With a degree in construction technology, many graduates will move into construction management positions and begin overseeing construction projects for various clients. These managers can be found in residential, commercial and industrial niches building projects like:
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
For these professionals, project oversight frequently includes collaborating with other professionals like architects, construction consultants, budget coordinators and clients. The managers set the project schedule and coordinate with subcontractors when the project calls for it. Construction managers are important members of a construction project from the planning stages onward.
Does a Bachelor degree in Construction Technology sound like an exciting opportunity? Then find your perfect school today and apply!
Albuquerque, United States
- 392SchoolApply Rank
- USD 22,586Average Tuition
- 49%Acceptance Rate
University of New Mexico (UNM) is an American Public University founded in 1889 and located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Through its dedicated faculties, UNM offers bachelor’s degree courses in a wide range of disciplines....
Pomona, United States
- 398SchoolApply Rank
- USD 19,233Average Tuition
- 55%Acceptance Rate
California State Polytechnic University - Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) is a public university in Pomona, California, USA. Cal Poly Pomona offers a wide range of bachelor's degrees through its College of Business Administration; Education and Integrative Studies; Engineering; Environmental Design; College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences; College of Science; Don B. Huntley College of Agriculture; and The Collins College of Hospitality Management. ...
Auburn, United States
- 539SchoolApply Rank
- USD 28,872Average Tuition
- 84%Acceptance Rate
Auburn University is named after its host city, Auburn in Eastern Alabama, USA. The university has 11 academic schools and colleges through which it offers over 140 undergraduate (bachelor's degree) courses in different fields including agriculture, design and construction, business, human sciences, liberal arts, engineering, forestry and wildlife sciences, pharmacy, sciences and mathematics, nursing education, veterinary medicine....
Toledo, United States
- 648SchoolApply Rank
- USD 17,872Average Tuition
- 94%Acceptance Rate
The University of Toledo (UT) is a public institution located in the city of Toledo in Ohio, United States. UT offers students a wide range of bachelor’s degree programs through 13 academic colleges, including: the College of Business and Innovation; College of Medicine and Life Sciences; College of Education; and the College of Law....
Gresham, United States
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 10,002Average Tuition
- 100%Acceptance Rate
Mt Hood Community College is a public institution in Gresham, Oregon.The college's programs include nursing, funeral science, integrated media, automotive technology and transfer opportunities to local universities toward B.A. degrees in humanities and science programs. The college is financed by local property tax funds, state reimbursement funds and student tuition. Local voters established the college tax base in 1968 and approved tax base increases in 1970 and 1980....
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 15,437Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
VIA University College is the largest applied sciences university with eight campuses located in Herning, Holstebro, Horsens, Randers, Silkeborg, Viborg, Aarhus C and Aarhus N throughout Central Denmark region, Denmark. VIA offers 42 bachelor's degree programs in a wide range of disciplines such as health, social education, technology, trade, design and business....
Saint Joseph, United States
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,350Average Tuition
- 74%Acceptance Rate
Missouri Western State University is a diverse, student-centered and state-supported University located in city of St. Joseph in Missouri, USA. The University offers a wide variety of bachelor's degree programs through its various schools and Colleges such as Liberal Arts & Sciences, Fine Arts, Nursing and Business & Technology....
Cedar City, United States
- N/ASchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,288Average Tuition
- 76%Acceptance Rate
Southern Utah University (SUU) is a public institution located in Cedar City, Utah. The university offers more than 144 bachelor's degree programs across its five academic colleges namely: College of Education and Human Development; College of Humanities and Social Science; College of Performing and Visual Arts; College of Science and Engineering; School of Business; and, School of Integrative and Engaged Learning....