Bachelor in Civil EngineeringCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Civil Engineering
A Bachelor’s degree is an undergraduate certificate awarded to students who’ve successfully completed a Bachelor’s program at an accredited university. Students opt to pursue this degree to gain a professional competitive advantage and further develop their skill sets.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Civil Engineering?
A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering usually lasts three to four years for full time students at a traditional university. The program is heavy in both math and science concepts to prepare students for intersectional engineering. Normal coursework will vary depending on the institution, but students can expect to encounter the following subjects:
- Advanced Science: Students will take engineering science related course throughout their program. However, their initial requirements will span the subjects of chemistry, physics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics and solid mechanics.
- Advanced Mathematics: Calculus 1 and 2 are just warm up courses for this major. Differential, Integral, and multivariable calculus are all on the menu of requirements for the civil engineering degree.
- Engineering Materials: Students develop an understanding of the properties of various engineering materials. They have the chance to work with these materials in labs and see how they behave.
- Engineering Design: Part of engineering is designing the visual aesthetics of a product. The design of the development process will also be a topic for this course.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering?
The educational credential of a Bachelor’s degree is impressive, but what other benefits do students get from this program?
- Increased Salary: Because students have specialised knowledge, they have a right to expect premium pay even in entry-level positions. Comparatively, they’ll make more than if they only had a secondary school diploma.
- Professional Skill Sets: Students develop a deep knowledge of the science, engineering principles and math required to plan and build projects without a hitch. They may also have the chance to gain internship experience.
- Build Professional Network: Through their peers, professors, mentors and tutors, students can build a professional network at university. When they graduate, they may be able to turn those connections into gainful employment.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering?
The civil engineering field has several niches so graduates are free to pursue what interests them most. Some students may choose to move on to advanced academic programs before entering the work force. Graduates seeking entry-level employment frequently find work as:
- Consulting Civil Engineer: These professionals can work in constructed or natural environments. They frequently build highways, waste management facilities and coastal developments.
- Contracting Civil Engineer: These professionals turn the plans made in a civil engineers office into a physical reality. They oversee real world construction projects and work with consulting engineers.
- Site Engineer: These engineers frequently work with architects, engineers, subcontractors, surveyors and other professionals on a build project. They handle many of the physical construction management.
Start searching for Bachelor degree programs in Civil Engineering that offer specialisations that match your unique interests. When you find the right program, don’t hesitate to apply to get started on your new career path.
Southampton, United Kingdom
- 89SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,422Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of Southampton (Southampton) is a public institution located along the University Road in Southampton, United Kingdom. Southampton offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its five academic faculties namely: Arts and Humanities; Engineering and Physical Sciences; Environmental and Life Sciences; Medicine; and Social Sciences....
Irvine, United States
- 98SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,708Average Tuition
- 37.4%Acceptance Rate
The University of California - Irvine is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities with a campus in Irvine; a suburban area in California, U.S.A. Through its faculties, the university offers over 80 bachelor's degree programs....
London, United Kingdom
- 120SchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,689Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of West London with campuses in Ealing and Brentford in London, UK offers undergraduate and postgraduate studies through its eight schools: the London School of Film, Media & Design; Claude Littner Business School; School of Computing and Engineering; London College of Hospitality and Tourism; Ealing Law School; London College of Music; College of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare; School of Psychology, Social Care and Human Sciences....
Dublin 2, Ireland
- 141SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,911Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
The Trinity College Dublin (TCD) is located in Dublin, Ireland. Situated in the multicultural European Capital, TCD offers undergraduate courses in a wide range of disciplines that come under the faculties of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering, Mathematics and Science; and Health Sciences. ...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 143SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,036Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of Liverpool is a diverse research University located in the city of Liverpool in England, UK. The University offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs from its various departments and schools including Architecture, Engineering, English and Law....
Tempe, United States
- 162SchoolApply Rank
- USD 40,463Average Tuition
- 84%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
Bolton, United Kingdom
- 190SchoolApply Rank
- USD 10,945Average Tuition
- 28%Acceptance Rate
University of Bolton (Bolton) is a public institution located along Deane Road in Bolton, Greater Manchester, UK. Boston offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its nine academic faculties including: Bolton School of the Arts, Institute of Management Greater Manchester, National Center for Motorsport Engineering, and School of Creative Technologies....
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 198SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,876Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Queen's University Belfast (Queen's) is a public institution located along the University Road in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK. Queen's offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its three academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering and Physical Sciences; and Medicine, Health and Life Sciences....
Salt Lake City, United States
- 204SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,296Average Tuition
- 81.7%Acceptance Rate
The University of Utah (the U) is a public institution located in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.A. The U offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its 17 academic colleges and schools....
McHenry, United States
- 206SchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,670Average Tuition
- 72.7%Acceptance Rate
The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) is a public research university in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The university offers a good number of bachelor’s degree programs through its 15 schools....