Bachelor in Aerospace EngineeringCreate Account
Bachelor Degree Programs in Aerospace Engineering
A Bachelor’s degree is an internationally respected credential awarded to students who’ve completed a bachelor’s program at an accredited university. The programs aim to prepare students for entry into the professional workforce and/or advancement into challenging graduate programs.
What Is a Bachelor’s Program in Aerospace Engineering?
Typically, a Bachelor’s program in Aerospace Engineering takes a full time students between three and four years to complete. The first year or so will be spent building the students knowledge of key and basic scientific/mathematical subjects. Other coursework may include:
- Advanced Math and Science: Students typically begin with building their foundation of advanced mathematics like Calculus and physics. These principles will serve as a knowledge foundation for the coursework to come.
- Aerospace Design: Students study the principles of design aerospace vehicles from the preliminary design phases to the more detailed plans. Students understand the importance of optimization, reporting and teamwork.
- Thermodynamics: Students study the thermodynamics of solids including phase diagrams, allow system properties, crystalline defects and more. This subject may be studied alone or as a component of other courses.
- Aerodynamics: Students study in depth the flow field around certain wings and bodies. They study the thin wing and slender body theories during their coursework.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Bachelor’s in Aerospace Engineering?
After graduation, students have the benefit of a Bachelor’s degree to help them attain gainful employment. They also enter the workforce with these advantages:
- Increased Salary: Specialised knowledge warrants a premium rate, at least that’s how many employers will see it. Compared to their prospects as a secondary school graduates, graduates earn higher starting salaries.
- Expand Job Pool: Students are free to work with the government, in corporations, small agencies, start-ups and more after graduation. Their degree gives them more options on the job market.
- Prepare for Advanced Programs: For students contemplating Master’s or Doctorate degrees, a Bachelor’s is the natural first step to meet the base entry requirements for competitive programs.
- Build Professional Network: Thanks to the internship and networking opportunities, students have a chance to make professional connections before moving into the professional aerospace world.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor’s in Aerospace Engineering?
The logical next step for graduates is to seek employment as an aerospace engineer. These engineers specialize in next-generation and cutting-edge technology at an advanced level. They develop, implement and test aerospace designs for companies in these sectors:
- Military aircraft
- Weapons systems
- Space travel and vehicles
- Civilian aircraft
Safety, energy efficiency and costs are all top concerns for aerospace engineers. However, it’s typical for these professionals to specialize further in the following aerospace niches:
- Systems Integration
Using the principles they learned in school, graduates must research and design new technologies. They may also work to improve and maintain existing technologies depending on their employer and job position.
Are you ready to start a career as an aerospace engineer? Don’t hesitate to get started and look for Bachelor degree programs in Aerospace Engineering that matches your career goals and interests.
Irvine, United States
- 112SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,708Average Tuition
- 37.4%Acceptance Rate
The University of California - Irvine is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities with a campus in Irvine; a suburban area in California, U.S.A. Through its faculties, the university offers over 80 bachelor's degree programs. ...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
- 159SchoolApply Rank
- USD 24,005Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
University of Liverpool is a diverse research University located in the city of Liverpool in England, UK. The University offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs from its various departments and schools including Architecture, Engineering, English and Law....
Tempe, United States
- 179SchoolApply Rank
- USD 40,463Average Tuition
- 84%Acceptance Rate
The Arizona State University is the largest public university by enrollment in the U.S. ASU comprises 16 colleges and schools that offer more personalized experiences for students, while offering opportunities to collaborate across disciplines and campuses....
Wrexham, United Kingdom
- 214SchoolApply Rank
- USD 13,386Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Wrexham Glyndwr University is located in Wrexham, Wales. It offers undergraduate degrees in 14 course areas that include Animal and Plant Biology, Complementary Medicine and Creative Media Technology. The university also offers postgraduate degrees, and research programs for PhD and MPhil. In addition to those undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, the university also has a two year fast track degree, that allows you to earn your degree in two years instead of three....
Belfast, United Kingdom
- 219SchoolApply Rank
- USD 21,645Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Queen's University Belfast (Queen's) is a public institution located along the University Road in Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK. Queen's offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs across its three academic faculties namely: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Engineering and Physical Sciences; and Medicine, Health and Life Sciences....
Lawrence, United States
- 306SchoolApply Rank
- USD 26,240Average Tuition
- 91.4%Acceptance Rate
The University of Kansas (KU) is a state-sponsored, public research institution located in Kansas, United States. KU is spread across five campuses and through its 14 colleges, the university offers a wide range of bachelor's degree courses. ...
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
- 315SchoolApply Rank
- USD 20,881Average Tuition
- 60%Acceptance Rate
Brunel University London (BUL) is a research-intensive university located in Uxbridge, West London, United Kingdom. Through its academic schools, the university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree programs....
Fort Collins, United States
- 341SchoolApply Rank
- USD 39,370Average Tuition
- 80%Acceptance Rate
Colorado State University (CSU) is a public research university located in Fort Collins, Colorado. Through its eight (8) academic schools, the university offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree program....
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
- 348SchoolApply Rank
- USD 18,207Average Tuition
- 0Acceptance Rate
Aberystwyth University (Aberystwyth) is spread across 3 campuses located in Penglais, Llanbadarn and Gogerddan on the coast of Wales, United Kingdom. Aberystwyth offers over 500 bachelor’s degree programs across its 20 academic departments. These include the department of Business, Computer Science, Education, Law, and Psychology, among others....