Bachelor of Business in the USCreate Account
Bachelor of Business in the US
A Bachelor of Business in the US is an undergraduate degree offered through accredited universities. Students learn the foundations of business operations and management. Choosing to study in the US will give students an insider’s look at American business strategies and trends. With highly regarded schools like Wharton Business School and Princeton University, students have plenty of great institutions to choose from.
What Is a Bachelor of Business?
For a typical Bachelor of Business degree, students can expect a four-year course of study. However, some specialized programs extend for five or six years to allow students to earn a Master’s in Business as well. The undergraduate course of study features a range of concentrations and class work including:
- Entrepreneurship: Students learn the basics of how to start a new business from investing to business planning. Students will study the typical trajectory of businesses from their infancy to success.
- Supply Chain Management: Students learn the relationships between every element of the supply chain. They learn the importance of distribution, scheduling and possible hurdles. Some courses may give students a glimpse into international relations and supply chain management.
- Accounting: Financial and managerial accounting are staples in many undergraduate business programs. This prepares students to manage funds and accounts with higher levels of accuracy and fluency.
- Business Statistics: Students learn how to effectively analyse the current state of business. Additionally, they learn how to predict future business trends within their company and the greater market.
- Management: Students begin to understand fundamental principles for effective business management. This includes topics from scheduling to proper working environment.
What Are the Benefits of Completing a Bachelor of Business in the US?
After earning a Bachelor’s in Business, students notice an improvement in their skill sets and professional abilities. The degree gives graduates a competitive advantage in the job market, which can lead to a more productive job search. An undergraduate degree will give students these benefits:
- Professional Network: Especially in the business sector, it is helpful to build a strong professional network. Students can make important contacts through classmates, professors and internships, which may help them find employment later.
- Knowledge Foundation: With foundational knowledge of how a business should run, students are prepared for real world experience. They can draw upon their studies to guide them towards effective decisions.
- Better Prospects: A Bachelor’s degree is highly attractive to employers who wanted capable professionals. The degree indicates a reasonable level of proficiency and an ability to learn.
- Increased Salary: An educated entry-level professional can expect to see an increased salary range for prospective jobs. Many employers are willing to pay a premium for degree holders.
- Learning Support: A university environment provides a support system of mentors and peers to help students learn. In this environment, students can develop their professional skills while learning the tricks of the trade.
What Kind of Career Can You Expect With a Bachelor of Business?
The business field is vast and has many niches, making it a sea of opportunities for recent graduates. Degree holders can choose to pursue a variety of positions like corporate and investment banking. In this position, professionals offer their expertise to clients regarding their investment portfolios. They can also work with debt structuring and equity capital markets. Corporate investment bankers frequently manage:
- Initial Public Offerings.
Management consulting is another great specialization for recent graduates. These professionals aid organizations working through growth and performance dilemmas. Management consultants will troubleshoot to find the cause of the company’s issues, and work towards implementing an effective solution. Consultancy incorporates a range of services like:
- Human Resources.
- Internet-Based Business.
- Advertising and Marketing.
- Information and Technology.
Graduates can pursue the career of a sales executive, but they may begin as a sales representative or consultant. These individuals are in charge of selling their company’s product or services. They may work directly within the producing company, or for a firm that sells a range of other businesses products. While rewarding, this results driven industry can be demanding.
Whether you want a private or public education, the US has a myriad of options for up-and-coming business students. Start researching your favourite educational institutions today and find the best match for you. In a few years, you will be on your way to a new career.
Tacoma, United States
- 239SchoolApply Rank
- USD 49,510Average Tuition
- 84%Acceptance Rate
The University of Puget Sound is a private located in the North End of Tacoma, Washington, in the United States. The University offers a variety of bachelor's degree programs....
New York, United States
- 243SchoolApply Rank
- USD 44,714Average Tuition
- 80%Acceptance Rate
Pace University (Pace) is a private institution located in New York, USA. Pace has two campuses across USA, with the main campus in New York city and another campus in Westchester. Pace offers bachelor's degree programs through its five academic colleges namely, College of Health Professions; Dyson College of Arts and Sciences; Lubin School of Business; School of Education; and Seidenberg School of CSIS. ...
Chicago, United States
- 245SchoolApply Rank
- USD 39,369Average Tuition
- 72%Acceptance Rate
DePaul University is a private Catholic institute of higher education located in Chicago, Illinois, United States. DePaul University offers more than 130 majors at the undergraduate degree level in disciplines including Management, Computer Science, Hospitality, Engineering and more. DePaul University is licensed by the Higher Learning Commission(HLC) to award bachelor's degree programmes....
Pittsburgh, United States
- 252SchoolApply Rank
- USD 38,178Average Tuition
- 72%Acceptance Rate
Duquesne University is a private non-profit university situated in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States. Through its nine schools, Duquesne offers a wide variety of Bachelor's degree programs....
Chester, United States
- 265SchoolApply Rank
- USD 45,028Average Tuition
- 65%Acceptance Rate
Widener University (Widener) is a private institution with campuses in Pennsylvania and one in Delaware, USA. The university offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs through its five academic schools namely, Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering, Human Service Professions, and Nursing....
Nashville, United States
- 266SchoolApply Rank
- USD 29,676Average Tuition
- 60%Acceptance Rate
Lipscomb University is a private Christian University located in the Green Hills area of Nashville in Tennessee, USA. The University offers a number of bachelor's degree programs in the disciplines of Music, Education, Liberal Arts, Business, Health Sciences and Engineering....
Kirksville, United States
- 272SchoolApply Rank
- USD 14,277Average Tuition
- 67%Acceptance Rate
Truman State University (Truman) is a public university located in the city of Kirksville in Missouri, United States. Truman offers a wide range of bachelor’s degree programs through 5 academic schools, namely: the School of Arts and Letters; School of Health Sciences and Education; School of Science and Mathematics; School of Social and Cultural Studies; and the School of Business....
Garden City, United States
- 303SchoolApply Rank
- USD 36,920Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Adelphi University is a private, coeducational institution of higher learning located in Garden City, New York, United States and has a dedicated faculty through which it offers a wide range of bachelor's degree programs. ...
Ypsilanti, United States
- 316SchoolApply Rank
- USD 29,775Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Eastern Michigan University (EMU) is a learning and research institute in Ypsilanti, Michigan, USA. Students can choose from over 200 bachelor’s degree programs at EMU....
Macon, United States
- 351SchoolApply Rank
- USD 36,892Average Tuition
- 73%Acceptance Rate
Mercer, founded in 1833, is a private university. Its 150-acre campus is located in Macon, 85 miles south of Atlanta. It offers undergraduate, graduate and special programs. With over 8,500 students enrolled at its campuses, Mercer consistently ranks among the nation's leading institutions....